The Historical Archives collect and preserve:
- paper documents, including handwritten and typewritten texts, photographs, press reviews, balance sheets, advertising and promotional material, technical publications, workshop manuals, user instruction books, drawings, studies and designs;
- documents on magnetic or digital media, including video documents and advertising films, audio messages and documents, electronic files and grey literature;
- promotional documents and items in sundry materials (paper, cardboard, plastic, metal, fabrics);
- books, dossiers and multimedia records (CD, DVD, …) of bibliographic works, periodicals
relating to the SAME, Lamborghini Trattori, DEUTZ-FAHR and Hürlimann marques, supplied by internal departments of the company.
The Historical Archives are being enriched currently with documentation generated and contributed by company departments.
Intended for a specialist public, the Historical Archives are at the disposal of experts, researchers and journalists who can consult it to find information, documents or ideas useful to their particular activities.
The activity of the Historical Archives involves promoting the history of the company and, in a wider context, the history of farm mechanization in Italy.
The Historical Archives are a corporate service run by the company’s Group Communication. The archives and their content are the property of SAME-DEUTZ-FAHR Italia S.p.A.
The Archives are directed by a Curator having the appropriate cultural and professional training, and operated employing the services of professionals inside and outside the company.
Archives resources are provided by a corporate annual budget.
The Historical Archives cannot dispose of company property. On the other hand, duplicated and non-inventoried items can be “exchanged” with others offered by outside collectors and/or operators to the end of expanding the collections.
The Historical Archives are able to sell services.
Such services can be provided to the company (internally) or to outside clients (on request), or offered as part of direct initiatives.
Internal services to the company:
- Thematic searches
- Copying of documents
- Help with targeted searches
- Historic marketing
- Institutional/historic image coordination
- Website history pages
- Customer Care for collectors
- New employee integration activities
- Help and visits for journalists
- Help with theses
- Client visits
- Answers to consumer queries
- Image and document searches
- Historical documentation on company, marques and products
- Exhibitions, meetings and conferences, lessons, publications
- Collaborations with public institutions at local, national and international level
- Collaborations with cultural institutes at local, national and international level
- Loans for exhibitions, shows and publications
- Relations with schools and universities