1934

At 18 years old, Ferruccio Lamborghini (1916-1993), along with a friend, M. Filippini, opens a workshop at Renazzo, a small village near Cento in the province of Ferrara.


1939-1945

During the First World War, Ferruccio Lamborghini is enlisted and sent to Rhodes in Greece with the 50th motorised manoeuvre unit, where he gains a great deal of experience in repairing and recovering military vehicles.


1946

He returns to Cento and with his friend R. Govoni opens a small garage.


1947

Ferruccio Lamborghini decides to switch from mechanics to building tractors, and with three other partners, he sets up the company Carassiti Monti Guzzaloca, with a capital of 2,000 lira.


1948

Using truck and military vehicle engines and differentials sourced from ARAR centres (Azienda recupero alienazione residuati – an Italian governmental agency for the redistribution of surplus material), the first “Carioca” tractors are built. These machines feature a significant innovative technical solution – a fuel atomiser which, when used in conjunction with a Morris engine, allow the tractor to be started with petrol and then switch to petroleum. Lamborghini Trattori is founded.


3 February 1948

The first Lamborghini tractor is unveiled.


1950

The “L 33” comes into being, the first production tractor made entirely by Lamborghini with the exception of the engine: a petroleum-fuelled 3,500 cc in-line 6 cylinder Morris unit, equipped with the fuel atomiser patented by Ferruccio Lamborghini.


1952

The launch of the “DL 30 – DL 40” series tractors, with “MWM-Benz type DW 415” diesel engines.


1954

Lamborghini launches its first crawler, the “DL 25C”, powered by MWM or Lamborghini diesel engines. Two years later, this is followed by the “DL 30C”.


1956

The new factory is inaugurated.

1957

Following on from the “Sametto”, the Lamborghinetta is launched, powered by a 2 cylinder, 22 hp Lamborghini engine.


1962

With its “2R DT” model, Lamborghini produces a series of four-wheel drive tractors with air-cooled engines.
Spurred on by his success in tractors, Ferruccio Lamborghini decides to build exclusive luxury cars, and so the GT 400 Lamborghini is built in 1962, followed by the MIURA in 1964.


1966

Lamborghini tractors are the first in Italy to feature synchronised gears as standard.


1968

High power models (the R 480) join the range.


1973

Lamborghini joins the SAME Group, retaining its own brand identity and prestige. Lamborghini reorganises its structure, production reaches 5,000 tractors.


1980

With production and sales volumes of around 10,000 units, Lamborghini Trattori is now the third largest manufacturer in Italy.


1983

A new range of machines comes into being, with highly innovative features and modular water-cooled engines.


1989

Electronic fuel injection and new control units for the tractor are adopted.


1991

The new high power RACING series adopts the Electronic PowerShift transmission.


1993

The RUNNER range of mini-tractors for small scale farming and green care is born.


2007

New RF Series.


2010

New Lamborghini crawlers.


2013

During the Agritechnica fair, the Lamborghini NITRO 130 VRT was declared “Golden Tractor for the Design 2014”.